In the age of social media, the Gen-Y uses specific terms, words, phrases, and sentences to define various things. “Like a boss” is one of those new-age proverbs. It means doing something in a way that sets you apart from the rest and makes you feel as if you are the foreman of the world. If you wish to be an indomitable ruler in the kingdom of e-commerce, then you must sell “like a boss.” An e-commerce website or a selling platform relies primarily on heavy sales to survive the competitive battlefield. If you are planning to design an e-commerce platform or if you already have one, then you better contemplate the importance of sales for your business. Conversion is, of course, what you want to achieve whether you sell products from a brick-&-mortar store or an e-commerce platform. The experts of a CRM & e-Commerce development agency UK say that every day is Christmas when your conversion rates surpass all expectations. However, you need contingencies when your conversions and sales estimates slide down.
Ways to improve conversions
A sudden drop in a website’s revenue generation calls for an analysis of the same. Probably, the strategies that worked in the past are now ineffective.
When it happens, improving and optimizing the e-commerce store becomes imperative. Once you conduct the review, a few of the webpage’s elements will pop up that are messing up the conversion.
If you want the limelight to shine on you, a few incremental alterations are all that you need. Here are a few ways to boost the conversions of your e-commerce store.
1. Hassle-free shopping: Web development agencies can design a simple as well as a complicated website. However, when it is about e-commerce, an easy-to-handle site is what you need. Something elegantly designed yet manageable enhances conversion. As the owner of an e-commerce store, you have to work with random products. Although, you must never put everything on one page, as it will be a serious turn-off for clients.
2. High-quality imagery: Buyers rely profoundly on product images that help them to make the right decision before the purchase. Experts working with a reputable CRM & e-commerce development agency UK ask you to pay attention to the product pictures. Buyers should have access to high-quality illustrations posted on your store’s catalog. Make sure that you include the ‘zoom-in’ feature so that buyers can explore the product from various angles.
3. Explanatory product descriptions: HD-quality images won’t be of any help to you if your buyers can’t find an appropriate description of a product. Hence, you must include meticulously written product descriptions with the images of all your products. Detailed product descriptions are particularly important with clothing. The employees of a brick-&-mortar store explain the features of a product to buyers. Your store isn’t a physical one and so, you need to think of ways by which your clients can educate themselves.
4. Product videos: Before purchasing something, a shopper wants to get into the nitty-gritty of the products. Descriptions are good enough, but videos are better. Videos allow you to showcase what your product can do and how. As the owner of an e-commerce website, you must start using videos to explain the details of your product, if you aren’t doing it already. Even statistics declare that videos successfully influence over fifty percent of shoppers to make a purchase.
5. Responsive customer support: On-spot assistance is available inside physical stores but not on online stores. Even a descriptive product catalog with beautiful images and videos can’t provide the answers to all the questions of a client. Thus, you need to give your buyers multiple ways to contact a customer service representative. Try to include options like email, live chat, and even text messages. With these communication modes in place, every customer can contact you based on their personal preferences.
6. Transparent pricing: Different price-tags listed for the same product on several pages is quite disturbing to clients. Maintaining transparency in the price of a product is the sign of a reputable and trustworthy e-commerce platform. Business owners like you should never hide charges, shipping fees, or other expenses. It is not only a bad practice but also affects conversions negatively.
The specialists of the best CRM & e-commerce development agency UK called Astute Myndz can suggest more ways to improve your store’s conversions. However, the ones given above are useful enough to start. Nevertheless, morphing an e-commerce store into a conversion giant isn’t as challenging as you may think. A few minor changes in your strategies and the UI/UX will make a mountain of a difference. Just make sure that you get in touch with reliable e-commerce designers with relevant expertise.