As people are stuck at home due to the coronavirus outbreak, the time spent in mobile apps and app downloads have peaked. People have been turning to mobile apps for managing their finances, doing online shopping, finding exercises, working from home and entertainment purposes too.
Reports suggest that the first quarter of 2020 witnessed record consumer app spend. Additionally, the average weekly time spent on games and apps grew about 20%. In the first quarter, consumers globally spend more than $23.4 billion through app stores. The largest contributors of the increased app sped were China and the US.
To translate this in terms of installations, quarter 1 of 2020 accounted for 31 billion new app downloads. This is 15% more than the last quarter of 2019. Since there is usually a boost in app installations in the fourth quarter due to holiday sales of new phones, this growth is really notable.
With this noted, there is no doubt that a mobile app is a requisite to reach out to your target audience and connect with them during this situation.
- Offer Personalized Experiences
Regardless of the industry, you are operating in, ensuring customer satisfaction is of prime importance for all businesses. Apps help you in offering tailored content based on contact preferences and content likeness of the customers. By providing targeted information, the probability of the customer to make a purchase or avail a service will also improve.
- Facilitating Voice Search
Voice-based products like Alexa, Google and Siri have already captured a lot of popularity in the market. It is believed that almost half of the searches will be made via voice search by the end of 2020. With mobile apps, you can optimize to facilitate voice search for your users. With SEO and incorporation of voice search benefits, your business can even enjoy a better online presence.
Integrating AI with mobile applications enables the creation of smarter apps which can fulfill various purposes like maintaining extensive data and analyzing user behavior. AI will help you provide an intelligent service to your customers, providing customized results and options as per their requirements.
- Widespread use of instant applications
Instant applications make tasks easier for users as well as the developers. In simple words, instant apps can be regarded as native apps that function like websites and attract customers. Although smaller in size, they possess all the features of a mobile application. The biggest attraction of such applications is that users can access these without downloading them.
Offering unmatched user experience is essential during this period to truly attract your audience and maintain brand loyalty. If you do not have a great app or an app at all, you audience will seek alternatives and switch to competitors. Don’t let your business dwindle when a simple mobile app can drive growth for your business. We are here to create amazing user-focused apps for your business.
With an increasing number of brick-and-mortar store closing their doors to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, many businesses are now trying to figure out how they can open their doors to online sales.
Currently, it is advised against travelling to public places (even prohibited in some places). No wonder so many subscription services and eCommerce businesses are seeing a surge. Online supermarkets and healthcare providers are already seeing increased interests and sales through online portals.
Make Your Online Selection
Before jumping into the online world, you will need to plan out your store, your merchandise and much more. Ask yourself questions like:
- What does inventory look like?
- Are there packages that you would like to offer?
- Do you have merchandise that you could put up for sale?
- What is your shipping capacity? How are you going to deliver? Do you need to hire a fulfillment partner?
Remember, many people are dealing with financial woes and instability. It’s no small gesture to acknowledge that, thank those who support your business, and give genuine well-wishes to those who cannot.
Website Branding and Functionality
You won’t have much luck selling online if you don’t have an easy-to-use website and an eCommerce store. Remember, your website is your virtual identity. Exhibit the same character and aesthetic across your site that you deliver when people walk into your physical store.
Providing an excellent user experience (UX) is key. Understanding and valuing the foundational elements and intents behind great UX can transform how you approach all areas of your business. The benefit of good UX is increased customer loyalty and more sales!
Choosing Your eCommerce Platform
When choosing an eCommerce platform, there are few qualities that you should pay attention to:
Will your website and storefront seamlessly integrate? Make sure that the store you choose offers a direct integration with most website hosting platforms like Woocommerce.
Make sure whatever you choose has an intuitive interface that is easy to learn.
Technology is changing fast and you want to partner with a platform that is always improving. When you choose best-in-class solutions, you have the benefit of what each platform provides today, but also any future updates.
Choose a platform that allows you to control and configure your ideal customer experience.
What is the barrier to entry like? How hard is it to get started? Right now it’s important to be able to get up and running quickly. Make sure that whatever option you choose, it’s easy to get started.
Promotion and Marketing
Once your eCommerce store is live and your club is established, it’s time to get the word out!
Don’t underestimate the importance of your website. Make sure that it’s easy to find, fast, simple to navigate, on-brand, and super clear how to sign up
Social media is a great way to increase your direct sales through your website and increase awareness about your business. Focus on customer features, education about your business, and contest/giveaways.
Google My Business, Yelp etc are common sites that people use to find businesses to visit. Claiming your business on these sites and actively monitoring and engaging with users can be the difference of thousands of dollars in new revenue.
Email can be used to attract, convert, and nurture prospects and customers.
There has never been a better time to start your online store. If you are also looking to up your online game, we are here for you and happy to provide our resources. Please reach out to our team and let us know how we can help you support customers during COVID-19 and continue to grow your business.
In the age of social media, the Gen-Y uses specific terms, words, phrases, and sentences to define various things. “Like a boss” is one of those new-age proverbs. It means doing something in a way that sets you apart from the rest and makes you feel as if you are the foreman of the world. If you wish to be an indomitable ruler in the kingdom of e-commerce, then you must sell “like a boss.” An e-commerce website or a selling platform relies primarily on heavy sales to survive the competitive battlefield. If you are planning to design an e-commerce platform or if you already have one, then you better contemplate the importance of sales for your business. Conversion is, of course, what you want to achieve whether you sell products from a brick-&-mortar store or an e-commerce platform. The experts of a CRM & e-Commerce development agency UK say that every day is Christmas when your conversion rates surpass all expectations. However, you need contingencies when your conversions and sales estimates slide down.
Ways to improve conversions
A sudden drop in a website’s revenue generation calls for an analysis of the same. Probably, the strategies that worked in the past are now ineffective.
When it happens, improving and optimizing the e-commerce store becomes imperative. Once you conduct the review, a few of the webpage’s elements will pop up that are messing up the conversion.
If you want the limelight to shine on you, a few incremental alterations are all that you need. Here are a few ways to boost the conversions of your e-commerce store.
1. Hassle-free shopping: Web development agencies can design a simple as well as a complicated website. However, when it is about e-commerce, an easy-to-handle site is what you need. Something elegantly designed yet manageable enhances conversion. As the owner of an e-commerce store, you have to work with random products. Although, you must never put everything on one page, as it will be a serious turn-off for clients.
2. High-quality imagery: Buyers rely profoundly on product images that help them to make the right decision before the purchase. Experts working with a reputable CRM & e-commerce development agency UK ask you to pay attention to the product pictures. Buyers should have access to high-quality illustrations posted on your store’s catalog. Make sure that you include the ‘zoom-in’ feature so that buyers can explore the product from various angles.
3. Explanatory product descriptions: HD-quality images won’t be of any help to you if your buyers can’t find an appropriate description of a product. Hence, you must include meticulously written product descriptions with the images of all your products. Detailed product descriptions are particularly important with clothing. The employees of a brick-&-mortar store explain the features of a product to buyers. Your store isn’t a physical one and so, you need to think of ways by which your clients can educate themselves.
4. Product videos: Before purchasing something, a shopper wants to get into the nitty-gritty of the products. Descriptions are good enough, but videos are better. Videos allow you to showcase what your product can do and how. As the owner of an e-commerce website, you must start using videos to explain the details of your product, if you aren’t doing it already. Even statistics declare that videos successfully influence over fifty percent of shoppers to make a purchase.
5. Responsive customer support: On-spot assistance is available inside physical stores but not on online stores. Even a descriptive product catalog with beautiful images and videos can’t provide the answers to all the questions of a client. Thus, you need to give your buyers multiple ways to contact a customer service representative. Try to include options like email, live chat, and even text messages. With these communication modes in place, every customer can contact you based on their personal preferences.
6. Transparent pricing: Different price-tags listed for the same product on several pages is quite disturbing to clients. Maintaining transparency in the price of a product is the sign of a reputable and trustworthy e-commerce platform. Business owners like you should never hide charges, shipping fees, or other expenses. It is not only a bad practice but also affects conversions negatively.
The specialists of the best CRM & e-commerce development agency UK called Astute Myndz can suggest more ways to improve your store’s conversions. However, the ones given above are useful enough to start. Nevertheless, morphing an e-commerce store into a conversion giant isn’t as challenging as you may think. A few minor changes in your strategies and the UI/UX will make a mountain of a difference. Just make sure that you get in touch with reliable e-commerce designers with relevant expertise.