The number of e-commerce stores is increasing steadily. As more and more people are deciding to launch their online stores, most of them are faced with a tough choice – Shopify or WooCommerce? When availing e-commerce web development services, many found themselves troubled by common queries about the better platform, the fees, dropshipping and much more.
To answer simply, the choice of platform depends entirely on your needs and use case. However, to help you make a decision here is a detailed comparison between the two portals.
Shopify vs. WooCommerce – What Makes them Different?
The key difference between Shopify and WordPress (WooCommerce) lies in the accessibility of the two. Shopify is a virtual service or tool where you can simply sign up and create an account. Once done, you will need to complete your store setup and have your business running. On the other hand, WordPress is software that you will need to install yourself. Following this, you will be required to contact a web development services provider to purchase a domain and arrange for the hosting of your website. Next, you will be required to add the WooCommerce plugin to access all features of an e-commerce portal.
An Introduction to Shopify:
Put simply, Shopify is a complete e-commerce tool or solution that allows you to build an e-commerce store from top to bottom. The paid tool allows you to sell anything you wish – digital and physical products and services and supports drop shipping too. Shopify also allows you to integrate your physical store with the online one. Offering over 100 designs (both paid and free), Shopify allows you to give your desired look to the store.
An Introduction to WordPress (WooCommerce):
WordPress allows you to develop a complete website for various purposes. For e-commerce, the WordPress software offers a host of customisation options with some amazing features for content management. You can choose from thousands of designs or themes, including both paid and free ones. With the use of plugins, the possibilities of extensions are endless. Even though WordPress does not offer any direct support like Shopify, the community is pretty helpful.
When to Opt for Shopify?
Shopify serves as an e-commerce solution customised for all businesses and needs. The biggest advantage of using Shopify is that it lets you set up quickly and start serving your customers almost instantly. The platform also helps in setting up things like inventory, shipping settings, taxes and so on; facilitating even the boring aspects of the e-commerce business.
Ultimately, you should opt for Shopify in the following cases:
- If you do not have a website but wish to launch an e-commerce store quickly.
- If you wish to integrate your online and offline stores.
- If you wish to have an e-commerce portal with round the clock customer support.
If your needs fall in line with any of these, you should opt for a Shopify store. Whether you are offering a single product or multiple ones; Shopify is suitable for anything ranging from digital downloads to physical products and drop shipping.
When to Opt for WooCommerce?
WordPress is regarded as a near-perfect website platform that can handle any kinds of website. Even though it is primarily a blogging platform that doesn’t provide e-commerce features, the WooCommerce plugin enables e-commerce actions. Apart from the main WooCommerce plugin, one will have to use some other plugins as well to manage social media, SEO and others.
As such, it can be said that the WooCommerce portal is a suitable choice for a dedicated and savvy user. It provides users with all e-commerce features like online payments, product catalogs, coupons and much more. Most importantly, the plugin is completely free. Therefore, if you wish to convert your existing WordPress site into an e-commerce store; you will not have to spend anything!
Ultimately, one should opt for WooCommerce in the following cases:
- If you are already familiar with WordPress and can use the platform easily.
- If you have an existing WordPress site and you do not want to invest anything extra for an e-commerce portal.
- When you wish to have complete control of your e-commerce store including every aspect of it.
If your requirements from the e-commerce portal are similar to the use cases listed above, you should opt for a WordPress store.
Shopify or WordPress – The Final Verdict
All web development services providers believe that the motive behind your choice should be to save both money and time. If you want a solution that doesn’t require a lot of management on your end and offers easy scalability, you should launch your store with Shopify. Alternatively, if you want to start with a lower cost on your existing website having full control over your e-commerce store; then WooCommerce will be the right platform for you.
Tags: ecommerce web development services, web development services
When it comes to e-commerce platforms, there are many available to business owners. Both up-and-coming start-ups, as well as renowned international brands, can use them. Among all the available platforms, Shopify is the most popular one and highly favored by its users. Anyone can work with it to start their e-commerce business and grow it profoundly. Apart from that, Shopify’s flexibility makes hundreds and thousands of business owners all over the world resort to it to run their web-stores. If you are wondering why to choose Shopify, then you may not know much about this platform’s benefits. Here you will learn about a few of Shopify’s advantages.
When you take a look at what Shopify has to offer for your money, you will definitely think that there is no better platform. It bestows a firm yet flexible store-builder that increases conversions and sales while reducing many administrative chores. Shopify can also provide worthwhile information regarding management. Monthly expenses for the ‘Basic Shopify’ plan start from $29. Alternatively, the price of the ‘Advanced Shopify’ plan goes up to $299 per month. The platform allows you to ameliorate, demote or cancel your subscription at any moment. Of course, you have to be regular about the monthly payments first. Shopify charges two other fees: one is a small percentage between 0.5 and 2.0 from your turnover, and the other is for payment gateways.
Reasons to choose Shopify
1. The technicalities: Do you use WPengine for your WordPress installation? If not, then you have to handle everything, including speed, security, and hosting. The people who wonder why to choose Shopify aren’t aware that it comes with built-in features. Professionals will take care of your store and ensure that it performs swiftly and remains secure.
2. Excellent cooperation: One company designed Shopify and all other platforms. Naturally, all the cogs of the machine work together in harmony. The owners and controllers of Shopify build your website, payment, shopping cart, and inventory and sync them up well without problems.
3. Hassle-free back-end management: Since you are the owner of the store, you will be spending a significant amount of time in the backend of the website. You will be setting things up, serving customers, and adding products. With Shopify’s exceptionally simple back-end system, administrative tasks will be a piece of cake for you.
4. Several payment gateways: Handling the payments of an e-commerce store is the most awkward and sensitive part. With platforms like Magneto or WordPress, you have to purchase extra extensions to conduct payment. On the other hand, the truth about Shopify is that it mellows everything out with its ‘plug and play’ payment gateways.
5. Connecting with a community: Shopify has a massive network of developers, third-party professionals, designers – essentially veterans in the field of digital marketing and web designing. The controllers of Shopify even encourage these experienced and knowledgeable people to join the forum by providing them with incentives.
6. Support from professionals: WordPress and other shopping carts like it are open-source platforms. They depend on online communities and forums for support. However, Shopify has a dedicated team that is always ready to help those who need it.
7. Numerous tools: Shopify gifts a toolbox full of tools to all its users for their blogs, up-sells, coupon codes, cross-sells, inventory management, analytics and more. No one has to snoop around for anything particular. If you use Shopify, you will surely find what you need in that toolkit.
8. Prices are friendly: After spending a significant amount of time, Shopify may seem pricey. Then again, nothing beats this platform’s pricing on a short-term deal. You won’t have to pay developers because you won’t need them at all. Besides, the monthly fee remains as low as $29. What more do you want?
The bottom line
To keep things short, Shopify is a fabulous platform for both new and established enterprises. Are you still pondering over why to choose Shopify? The security, flexibility, efficiency, ROI, and support it provides are off the charts. The professionals of Astute Myndz along with millions of merchants agree to the fact that Shopify checks all the boxes. So, give Shopify a try and experience the difference.
Tags: shopify, why to choose shopify
In the age of social media, the Gen-Y uses specific terms, words, phrases, and sentences to define various things. “Like a boss” is one of those new-age proverbs. It means doing something in a way that sets you apart from the rest and makes you feel as if you are the foreman of the world. If you wish to be an indomitable ruler in the kingdom of e-commerce, then you must sell “like a boss.” An e-commerce website or a selling platform relies primarily on heavy sales to survive the competitive battlefield. If you are planning to design an e-commerce platform or if you already have one, then you better contemplate the importance of sales for your business. Conversion is, of course, what you want to achieve whether you sell products from a brick-&-mortar store or an e-commerce platform. The experts of a CRM & e-Commerce development agency UK say that every day is Christmas when your conversion rates surpass all expectations. However, you need contingencies when your conversions and sales estimates slide down.
Ways to improve conversions
A sudden drop in a website’s revenue generation calls for an analysis of the same. Probably, the strategies that worked in the past are now ineffective.
When it happens, improving and optimizing the e-commerce store becomes imperative. Once you conduct the review, a few of the webpage’s elements will pop up that are messing up the conversion.
If you want the limelight to shine on you, a few incremental alterations are all that you need. Here are a few ways to boost the conversions of your e-commerce store.
1. Hassle-free shopping: Web development agencies can design a simple as well as a complicated website. However, when it is about e-commerce, an easy-to-handle site is what you need. Something elegantly designed yet manageable enhances conversion. As the owner of an e-commerce store, you have to work with random products. Although, you must never put everything on one page, as it will be a serious turn-off for clients.
2. High-quality imagery: Buyers rely profoundly on product images that help them to make the right decision before the purchase. Experts working with a reputable CRM & e-commerce development agency UK ask you to pay attention to the product pictures. Buyers should have access to high-quality illustrations posted on your store’s catalog. Make sure that you include the ‘zoom-in’ feature so that buyers can explore the product from various angles.
3. Explanatory product descriptions: HD-quality images won’t be of any help to you if your buyers can’t find an appropriate description of a product. Hence, you must include meticulously written product descriptions with the images of all your products. Detailed product descriptions are particularly important with clothing. The employees of a brick-&-mortar store explain the features of a product to buyers. Your store isn’t a physical one and so, you need to think of ways by which your clients can educate themselves.
4. Product videos: Before purchasing something, a shopper wants to get into the nitty-gritty of the products. Descriptions are good enough, but videos are better. Videos allow you to showcase what your product can do and how. As the owner of an e-commerce website, you must start using videos to explain the details of your product, if you aren’t doing it already. Even statistics declare that videos successfully influence over fifty percent of shoppers to make a purchase.
5. Responsive customer support: On-spot assistance is available inside physical stores but not on online stores. Even a descriptive product catalog with beautiful images and videos can’t provide the answers to all the questions of a client. Thus, you need to give your buyers multiple ways to contact a customer service representative. Try to include options like email, live chat, and even text messages. With these communication modes in place, every customer can contact you based on their personal preferences.
6. Transparent pricing: Different price-tags listed for the same product on several pages is quite disturbing to clients. Maintaining transparency in the price of a product is the sign of a reputable and trustworthy e-commerce platform. Business owners like you should never hide charges, shipping fees, or other expenses. It is not only a bad practice but also affects conversions negatively.
The specialists of the best CRM & e-commerce development agency UK called Astute Myndz can suggest more ways to improve your store’s conversions. However, the ones given above are useful enough to start. Nevertheless, morphing an e-commerce store into a conversion giant isn’t as challenging as you may think. A few minor changes in your strategies and the UI/UX will make a mountain of a difference. Just make sure that you get in touch with reliable e-commerce designers with relevant expertise.
Tags: crm & e-commerce development agency, Siddhant Singh, Siddhant Singh Kolkata
- A CRM or Customer Relationship Management system’s purpose is to accumulate data regarding the interactions between clients and companies. This data originates from various channels such as the company’s official website, customer support logs, related social media platforms and feedback reviews. Then, the company stores this data in its central database for analysis. Upon scrutinizing the data, the enterprise can address the customers’ problems, enhance their products, and drive growth.
- CRM is crucial to every business organization, particularly for small companies during their early growth stage. After all, the success of these firms depends on the customer base they build, manage or retain. For instance, a brand new restaurant must find out what its customers think about its food and what they post about it online. The outcome will decide whether the customers will visit the eatery again or not. The information mustered can help the owners of the restaurant to alter the services, address any issues, and achieve maximum client satisfaction.
- Now, based on your company’s necessities, there are several CRM systems for you to browse. This list of CRMs will help you find the right one.
- Zoho is already too renowned as a CRM when it comes to business management solutions. The developers of Zoho have a portfolio which incorporates accounting tools, collaborative apps and more. A self-hosted CRM solution can be too problematic to handle. That is why you should resort to Zoho’s Cloud CRM. Zoho is an online multi-channel CRM that aggregates customer data from multiple sources.
- Here is another CRM system full of robust features and extensive automation abilities. Agile CRM is undoubtedly the best Customer Relationship Management system. Any kind of business firm can use it. The starter pack of Agile bears an exceptionally competitive price-tag and it has many goodies to offer to both marketing and sales teams. You can fill it with details of over ten thousand contacts or companies.
- Every organization out there doesn’t need its teams to follow up on leads or handle customer interactions. Some companies have a sales department to take care of this matter. If your firm is somewhat similar then a sales-oriented CRM is the best for you. You should look into PipeDrive, a sales CRM created for maximizing the results by minimizing the inputs.
- This one is a highly popular and favoured CRM product and it originated from the Salesforce stable. It includes individual solutions for cloud, community, marketing, services, and analytics. The system is so powerful that it helps you track every customer interactions and information in a single location. What’s more, is that you get to follow up on further leads. You can scroll through features like partner management, lead management, sales data, and marketing automation to follow the leads and encourage them to convert.
- Nimble is a reliable CRM software program that has been helping users build better relationships in a multi-channel world. It allows you to concentrate on critical matters like data organization, sales insights, and customer organization. This system has a Contact Management feature that uses the Contact Record. You can store every piece of information concerning each business contact.
- If you want to attract and retain your clients then Nutshell can prove to be a handy and efficient solution. The design of this system is suitable for businesses of all sizes regardless of the industry. It is an eye-catcher due to its reporting feature and top-notch analytics. Of course, you may ask why you should pick Nutshell over all the other apps. Well, there are many reasons to choose this particular CRM software. One of them is the scalability feature. It is expandable to business growth since there aren’t any reporting caps, user limits, or storage restrictions.
- Budget will always be a point of concern for small businesses. Naturally, it is important to choose a CRM solution that comes with great features but isn’t too expensive. Insightly can be the saviour with the cape. The base price is negligible, to say the least, but it brings in a load of features. You can keep around one hundred thousand records in a storage space of ten GB along with the feature to import twenty-five thousand records every session.
- The only problem with CRM software programs is that they aren’t easy to initiate. They possess many interconnected modules that assist their functioning. Streak CRM is one of the few exceptions. This software program is probably the easiest to use. It depends upon Gmail, the most regularly used email platform, to work. Streak converts Gmail into a CRM powerhouse as soon as you install the extension.
- You may not be serving many customers now, but you will spread out sooner rather than later. When someone starts a firm, their sole aim is to grow and thrive. If you want your business house to be more than what it is now, you need a scalable CRM solution to manage the increased influx of customer interactions. Hubspot can prove to be what you need. It displays an updated view of your company’s sales funnels through a visual dashboard.
- This CRM software is an all-encompassing front-office solution that provides you with a real-time, complete view of your clients. NetSuite CRM+ combines your customer-focused activities with e-commerce, accounting, warehousing, and shipping applications. It supports the full sales process and client life-cycle from a lead. It progresses through opportunities, sales orders, fulfilment, renewal, up-sell, cross-sell, and support.
Tags: Hubspot CRM, Insightly CRM, NETSUITE CRM, Siddhant Sing Kolkata, Siddhant Singh, Streak CRM, ZOHO CRM